Friday, October 24, 2014

Maybelline Touch of Spice Review

Happy Friday everyone! I'm skipping the mani today so I can keep my gorgeous pink nails through the weekend. I recently picked up one of Maybelline's new creamy matte lipsticks in the shade Touch of Spice (#660) and thought I would share a little review with you. I got mine at CVS and the entire display was actually empty except for ONE Touch of Spice! I couldn't believe my luck since that was the only color I wanted, although I am thinking of going back for Lust for Blush at some point.

First let's talk about the formula (hint: I love it). I found this lipstick to be creamy and it didn't tug during application. It wears very nicely and does not dry out my lips at all. I always like to exfoliate and put on a hydrating lip balm shortly before using it, or any lipstick for that matter. I would describe Touch of Spice as a mauve rose, which is right on trend and the color is lovely for fall and winter. I have been loving it as an every day lip color.

Here's a look at the packaging. I love that they made the tube matte.


Here's a little swatch of Touch of Spice on my wrist.


And here it is on my lips. You can see my pink hair!


I really think Touch of Spice is a great color for those of you who, like me, are not super adventurous with lipstick colors but want to try something new. It's like your lips but better!

xoxo,
   Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment