Monday, November 24, 2014

Gobble Gobble Turkey Nails!

Happy Mani Monday everyone! If you follow me on social media, you'll know that I've been sick all weekend with bronchitis. Boooo. I'm feeling a lot better today now that my antibiotics are kicking in, but really all I want to do is sleep. I still made it through work and I just keep telling myself that it's a short week!

I am so excited that Thanksgiving is almost here. I don't know about you all, but I'm going to have a lot of cooking to do. My mom and I will be spending all of Wednesday afternoon in the kitchen and I'm really looking forward to it. Some of you may have figured out through various posts that I am a serious foodie and I love cooking. This year we'll be making green bean casserole, cornbread stuffing, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce, and mini pumpkin pies. We're picking up a chicken from Boston Market because no one in my family likes turkey haha! Maybe that's because where I grew up we had wild turkeys roaming around the street and on our roof (yes, the freakin' roof okay?) and we hated them.

Anyway, as much as I hate turkeys I like the harmless cartoon version of them and so I decided to do a fun turkey accent nail for the holiday. I started with two coats of Zoya Purity as my base and let that dry. While that was drying I painted Zoya Kalista on the rest of my nails, except for my thumbs. At the very end I painted my thumbs white. Then I tackled the turkey (ha!) I used a tiny detail brush and started with the body and outlined it Kalista. Next I used that same brush to make his feathers. I finished with his face, complete with the waddle (that red thing that hangs from a turkey's neck...yes I did look it up on Wikipedia).



Sorry for the awkward water spot on the right!

I'm so thrilled with how this guy came out. It definitely took some time but it was well worth it. My kiddos at school are going to flip when they see him!

xoxo,
   Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment